- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to season
- flour for dredging
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water, whisked to make an egg wash
- panko crumbs
- olive oil
For the Roasted Tomato Jam
- 6 medium vine ripened tomatoes diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, dredge in flour, dip in the egg wash and then roll in the panko crumbs.
- Place in a lightly oiled baking dish and lightly spray olive oil over the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked. Turn the chicken breasts once during the cooking time.
- Slice cooked chicken breasts and serve on angel hair pasta , topped with Roasted Tomato Jam ( or your favorite tomato sauce) and grated Parmesan cheese .
- You can melt mozzarella over the top along with the Parmesan if you wish.
To make the Roasted Tomato Jam
- Toss together in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour or longer.
- Stir occasionally until most of the liquid has reduced off and the tomatoes are the consistency of jam. The total roasting time will depend on the water content of the tomatoes.